Keecie general terms and conditions
Hi! This is Keecie's fine print. Our general terms and conditions are clear and uncluttered, so that there are no surprises. Take your time to go through them. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask them via: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 00 - 31 - (0)20 - 785 98 41.
Article 1. Glossary
- General terms and conditions: the entirety of the provisions as set out below.
- Keecie product(s): all products that Keecie sells in the webshop. These include bags, wallets and accessories, all in the broadest sense of the word.
- Keecie: That's us! Keecie is a private company and is registered with the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 89740262. In the general terms and conditions, Keecie is also referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’.
Customer(s): a natural or legal person with whom Keecie concludes or intends to conclude an agreement. In the general terms and conditions, the customer is also referred to as ‘you’.
- Consumer: the natural person who acts for purposes outside his or her business or professional activity.
- Agreement: the agreement as agreed between Keecie and the Customer.
- Parties: The Customer and Keecie together.
- In writing: on paper or by e-mail.
- Webshop: www.keecie.com.
Article 2. The general terms and conditions
- Our general terms and conditions apply to all offers, orders and agreements made or implemented by or on behalf of Keecie.
- Deviation from these general terms and conditions is only possible if this has been agreed in writing between Keecie and the Customer.
- Keecie has the right to unilaterally supplement and/or amend the general terms and conditions.
- Because our general terms and conditions apply, this means that any general terms and conditions of the Customer expressly do not apply.
- If a provision of the general terms and conditions conflicts with a provision of specific product or service conditions, the provisions of the specific product or service conditions shall prevail, unless Keecie and the Customer agree otherwise in writing.
- It may happen that a provision of the general terms and conditions is unclear. If this is the case, this provision shall be interpreted as far as possible in the light of the other general terms and conditions.
- One or more provisions of these general terms and conditions may be annulled or declared null and void. This does not affect the validity of the other general terms and conditions, which therefore remain in effect.
Article 3. Keecie's offer
- Keecie's offer can be found on the webshop. The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the offered products and services.
- It is possible to order a free leather sample via the webshop:
- The Customer may keep the leather sample;
- The shipping costs of the leather sample will be paid by Keecie;
- A maximum of five leather samples may be ordered by one Customer.
- Samples, models, descriptions and other promotional materials are displayed as accurately as possible, but only for indicative purposes.
- Keecie is not bound by an offer if the Customer can understand that the offer is based on an obvious mistake, this is for example a typo, error and/or misstatement.
- Keecie has the right to adjust the prices on the webshop as long as no Agreement has been concluded.
- Keecie can place offers on the webshop. Keecie has the right to change or terminate these offers.
- All offers from Keecie are without obligation.
- Customers cannot derive any rights from past prices and offers.
Article 4. The Agreement
- The Agreement is created at the time of acceptance by the Customer of the offer and the meeting of the conditions attached thereto.
- When the Customer has accepted the offer, Keecie electronically confirms the receipt of the acceptance of the offer. We do this by sending a confirmation of the order by email.
- By ordering from Keecie, a legally valid purchase agreement is created, under which payment by the Customer must follow.
- All Keecie products remain the property of Keecie until full payment has been received by Keecie. If the Customer fails to pay the purchase price, Keecie may reclaim the Keecie products.
- As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by Keecie, the Customer may dissolve the Agreement.
- Keecie has the right to cancel orders without giving any reason. Any payment already made will be refunded to the bank account from which the payment originated.
Article 5. Prices, shipping costs and payment
- The prices in the webshop are in euros, including 21% VAT and excluding shipping costs, unless otherwise indicated.
- For orders up to €50 (in words: fifty euros) in the Netherlands, the shipping costs are €3.50 (in words: three euros and fifty cents). Orders in the Netherlands above €50 (in words: fifty euros) will be shipped free of charge.
- For Customers outside the Netherlands, the shipping costs depend on the country and the amount of the order.
- It is possible with Keecie to pay via iDEAL, credit card, Bancontact, SOFORT banking, PayPal, Giropay and Klarna.
Article 6. Delivery and liability
- Keecie delivers the Keecie product with great love to the Customer's home. For this purpose, various transport companies may be engaged.
- Smaller Keecie products are shipped by Cyclone bike courier or DHL;
- The larger Keecie products are shipped with GLS;
- Items outside the European Union are shipped with FedEx.
- Keecie strives to ship all orders before 15:00 on the same business day. It depends on the country to which the order is shipped and the shipping company that delivers the order when the order is delivered.
- The Keecie product must be delivered to the Customer no later than thirty days after the order.
- Keecie is not liable for delays caused by the post office or parcel delivery companies.
- The delivery times stated are indicative. Keecie is not liable if the Customer suffers damage as a result of exceeding the delivery deadlines. At the same time, exceeding the deadlines does not constitute grounds for dissolution of the Agreement.
- Keecie strives to deliver the order at once but may also deliver the order in parts.
Article 7. The free repair service
The Keecie products are made of high-quality materials, so we assume that they will not be damaged or broken. However, this may occur. For this, we offer a free repair service.
- The Customer can contact Keecie and let us know what is wrong with the Keecie product. It is useful for Keecie if the Customer sends an explanation and photos.
- If the Keecie product breaks within three months of the order date, Keecie will pay the shipping costs.
- If the Keecie product breaks after three months from the order date, the Customer pays the shipping costs.
- Keecie then sends the Keecie product to our sewing workshop in Poland. We strive to complete this within one month, but we cannot guarantee this.
- When the Keecie product has been repaired, we will send it back to the Customer at our expense.
Article 8. Right of withdrawal
Of course, Keecie hopes that the Consumer and the ordered Keecie product are a perfect match. If this is not the case, the Consumer can make use of the right of withdrawal under the following conditions.
- The Consumer may terminate an Agreement during a cooling-off period of 14 days without giving any reason.
- The period begins on the day after the Consumer, or a third party designated in advance by the Consumer, has received the Keecie product.
- If the delivery of an order consists of several shipments: the day on which the Consumer, or a third party designated by him or her, has received the last shipment or the last Keecie product.
- If the Consumer exercises the right of withdrawal, only the costs of return will be borne by him or her. The cost of return shipping varies by size of the order.
- The Keecie product must be checked immediately upon receipt by the Consumer for any damage or faults. The Consumer must notify Keecie of this in writing within 14 days of receipt.
- During the cooling-off period, the Consumer should handle the Keecie product and the packaging with care.
- If the Consumer wishes to exercise the right of withdrawal, the Consumer shall inform Keecie of this within the cooling-off period by using the model withdrawal form, which will be emailed to email@example.com.
- When Keecie has received the notification of revocation from the Consumer, it will send a confirmation of receipt immediately upon receipt of this notification.
- The Keecie product must be returned within the cooling-off period in the original packaging, with a copy of the relevant invoice.
- The Keecie product can be returned to:
1019 AJ Amsterdam
- As soon as Keecie has received the Keecie product in good order, the purchase amount and any shipping costs for initially shipping the Keecie product to the Consumer will be refunded to the account known to Keecie. Keecie will do this as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after receipt of the return.
- Keecie shall issue the refund to the same payment method that the Consumer used, unless the Consumer consents to another payment method. The reimbursement is free of charge for the Consumer.
- If the Consumer returns a Keecie product but keeps one or more Keecie products from the same order, Keecie is not obliged to refund the shipping costs for the delivery of the Keecie product to the Consumer.
- If the Consumer opted for a more expensive method of delivery, Keecie need not reimburse the additional costs for the more expensive method.
- The right of withdrawal of the Consumer expires when:
- the Consumer has used the Keecie product; or
- the Consumer has not followed the instructions for use; or
- the Consumer has damaged the Keecie product and/or the Consumer has tried to repair the damage or defect; or
- the label has been removed from the Keecie product.
- The right of withdrawal does not apply to items sensitive to hygiene, such as earrings.
- The risk and the burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal fall on the Consumer.
Article 9. Exchanges
- It is also possible to exchange a Keecie product for another colour or another item.
- On the return card with the order, the Customer can indicate which colour or which Keecie product the Customer prefers to receive.
- The cost of returning the goods shall be borne by the Customer.
- Keecie sends the new Keecie product to the Customer free of charge.
Article 10. Intellectual property law
- The intellectual property right rests with Keecie on everything that can be found on the Keecie webshop.
- Intellectual property rights are understood to mean, among other things, copyright, trademark law, patent law and the drawing and design law.
- This means that it is not permitted, among other things, to copy, distribute, provide to third parties, disclose or reproduce the texts, information, logos, data, bag designs, photos and graphic data. This does not apply to personal use.
- In the event of an infringement of an intellectual property right, Keecie is entitled to an immediately due and payable fine of €2,000 (in words: two thousand euros). In addition, Keecie is entitled to claim additional damages if it suffers more damage as a result of the infringement.
Article 11. Force majeure
- In the event of force majeure, Keecie is entitled to cancel the Agreement. This will be promptly communicated to the Customer.
- A force majeure situation is a situation in which it is impossible for Keecie to fill the Order where the cause cannot be attributed to Keecie.
- Keecie does not owe the Customer any compensation in the event of force majeure.
Article 12. Privacy
- Keecie considers privacy important and therefore handles personal data with care. How we ensure this security is indicated in the privacy statement on the website.
Article 13. Complaints procedure
- Keecie does its utmost to deliver the Keecie product perfectly to the Consumer. However, it may happen that you are not completely satisfied.
- Complaints about the fulfilment of the Agreement shall be submitted fully and clearly described to Keecie within a reasonable time after the Consumer discovered the defects.
- In the event of complaints, the Consumer must contact Keecie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Complaints submitted to Keecie shall be answered within a period of 14 days after the date of receipt.
- A complaint does not suspend the obligations of the Consumer.
- If Keecie and the Customer do not agree, the Consumer has the opportunity to have the complaint handled by an appointed independent dispute committee. It is also possible to report complaints via the European ODR platform (http://ec.europa.eu/odr).
Article 14. Applicable law and competent court
- Because Keecie is a Dutch company and is based in the Netherlands, only Dutch law applies to any legal relationship between Keecie and the Customer.
- The District Court of Amsterdam has jurisdiction to take cognizance of the dispute, unless (mandatory) law prescribes otherwise.
- Application of the Vienna Sales Convention is excluded.
Version: April 2023.